[Qgis-user] Save Paths Relative to the .qgs project file

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 11:19:53 PDT 2009

>  We have been waiting two years for the ability to Save
> Relative Paths. It is unclear if QGIS has any plans to include the
> ability to Save Relative Paths.

Qgis 1.2 do save project with relative paths, nevertheless it seems that
this feature is bugged.

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1905

My observations are the following: if the project file is saved above or
at the same folder level where the data is stored, than is ok. Otherwise
you can expect problems, having part/all of the paths as absolute.

-- Giovanni --