[Qgis-user] New: Announcing Quantumnik (Mapnik) Plugin

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Sep 20 08:33:00 PDT 2009

Hi

Dane Springmeyer wrote:
> Qgis Users -
>
> I'd like to announce the first public release of Quantumnik.
>
> This plugin allows QGIS to be used to style and render Mapnik
> (http://mapnik.org) maps on-the-fly and for xml mapfile export.
>
> Wiki and source is at:
> http://bitbucket.org/springmeyer/quantumnik/
>
> Screencasts for installation and usage can be found at:
> http://dbsgeo.com/
>
> The latest release can be downloaded from:
> http://qgis.dbsgeo.com/
>
> Thanks to Racicot, cgs_bob, and Alex for early testing and Jef, Tim,
> Martin for technical advice.
>
> Feel free to contact me with any questions,
>
> Dane Springmeyer

Thanks for the great plugin Dane! If anyone is interested, I wrote up a
fairly detailed overview of the help Dane gave me in getting up &
running with Quantumnik on ubuntu on my blog here:

http://linfiniti.com/2009/08/harnassing-mapnik-for-high-quality-map-rendering/

Regards

- --

 * QGIS programming and support services