[Qgis-user] Version 1.3, issues on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Sep 23 07:10:25 PDT 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) wrote:

> About the frameworks, some utilities are not compiled in, such as
> gdalbuildvrt, necessary to use the Build VTR plugin (to solve the
> intrinsical problem with the above server).

In the standalone Qgis, I didn't bundle any of the programs for the
frameworks.  Partly to keep the size down.  Partly because you'd have
to use long paths to the programs.  And since there were problems with
the GRASS plugin when GRASS is not installed, on Tiger, I stripped out
the GRASS plugin.

Think of the standalone Qgis as a basic Qgis.  If you need GRASS
support or want to use tools from the frameworks, install the full
Qgis + frameworks.

I've been thinking about restoring the all-frameworks installer, after
the Snow leopard transition settles, that would make installing Qgis
(and GRASS) easier.  Possibly a GDAL bundle, leaving FreeType on its
own.

Note: All the tools are in the GDAL framework (from installer).
gdalbuiltvrt because available at 1.6.1, so make sure you have the
latest GDAL.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war