[Qgis-user] WFS version support

Yewondwossen Assefa assefay at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:57:52 PDT 2009

Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Btw, are there many differences between 1.0.0 and 1.1?

 Not a lot. Main changes would be:
  - WFS 1.1.0 implements OWS Common 1.0.0 so capability document is
different
  - WFS 1.1.0 implements Filter Ecoding 1.1.0
 - gml 3.1.1  for GetFeature response
 - Axis order for some ESPG codes. This is what is more 'messy' I
believe and can cause interoperability issues.  (see comments at
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/2.+WFS+-+Web+Feature+Service#2.WFS-WebFeatureService-Theaxisorderissue

regards,