[Qgis-user] re PostGIS Manager- loading shapefile

chris Wild chrismwild at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:39:44 PDT 2009

 Hi all,

Back in August Bernhard Ströbl schrieb:

w   " *when loading data from shapefile, creating a new table I get an "OS
 error" saying "Message: Filename: None"
 I chose the shapefile via the file dialog and it loads OK in QGIS. **

**I have identified the problem myself by looking in the source code:
shp2pgsql is assumed to be available on the system. So you need to
install either Postgres/PostGIS on every client or just shp2pgsql. "

*I had the same error as Bernhard and copied shp2pgsql into Quantum/bin.
I now get a message saying 'good, all went fine'. But nothing gets entered
into the database.
Anybody have any ideas as to the problem now?

Thanks
 Chris

*

*

I hve identified the problem myself by looking in the source code: