[Qgis-user] 9 GDAL Tools

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:49:29 PDT 2009

Hi

Paolo Cavallini:
> We have added 3 more tools to the GDAL toolbox (now at v. 0.5).
> Please test and report. Tickets can be opened at:
> https://trac.faunalia.it/GdalTools-plugin/report/1
> Much is still to be done, but basic functionality should be in place.

I have noticed that the gdalbuildvrt python plugin is very much slower
than the gdalbuildvrt C++ program. The difference is a matter of
several minutes versus a few seconds for a collection of MrSid images.
Is this expected and due to the python interface?

My system is ubuntu 9.04, gdal 1.6 and qgis trunk r11732.

Regards

Craig