[Qgis-user] Selecting features in attribute table using query builder

Zane Selvans zane at amateurearthling.org
Wed Sep 30 14:36:33 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to select a subset of the features in a layer based on some
values in their attribute table, and I keep getting the following
error:

syntax error, unexpected COLUMN_REF

At first I thought it was because I was using a shapefile instead of a
PostGIS DB (since apparently the query builder only works on features
within PostGIS), so I imported the shapefile using SPIT, added the new
PostGIS based feature, pulled up the attribute table again, and tried
the selection operation, and got the same error.  I can't find any
reference to this particular error message in the mailing list
archives.

I'm using the QGIS 1.3.0 build from KyngChaos on OS X 10.6.1 (and all
of his supporting framework builds).

The where clause I'm using is:

2_LIN_ID < 1_LIN_ID

each of 2_LIN_ID and 1_LIN_ID are the names of fields (columns) in the
attribute table.  They contain integers.  The layer is a collection of
points, representing the intersections between some lines I digitized,
and those fields are the IDs of the lines.

Am I just doing something stupid, or is there brokenness here?

Thanks for any insight,
Zane

--
Zane A. Selvans