[Qgis-user] Problems with save as projection

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:32:36 PDT 2010

El jue, 01-04-2010 a las 00:17 +0200, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
escribió:
> Hi,
> I am also using 1.4 on karmic, the ubuntugis ppa.
>
> I did not set it, but saved as a new projection
> opened that and used the reproject tool.
>
> Will try with the set and save. Does that save as do the reprojection
> or just set it?
> mike

The "Save as" menu reproject the layer geometries.

But every tool will lead to wrong results if you do not set the correct
srs first.

The layer has a wrong .prj file so QGIS is wrong about the layer srs.
The first thing you have to do is tell QGIS what the correct srs is,
using the properties dialog. After that everything should work well.

Goyo