[Qgis-user] Complete information of a point created automatically.

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Apr 8 12:16:40 PDT 2010

Hi Patrice,

On Wed, 07. Apr 2010 at 12:02:39 +0200, Patrice Vetsel wrote:
> I want to use Qgis in situation on the ground. Using a plugin to center  a
> map dynamically connected to my gps.

You can already do that using the builtin live GPS tracking in 1.5.

> My problem is that the creation  of points on a shapefile layer is very
> restrictive if you want to fill  at the same time, the information (1500
> points to be created).

You can assign different other edit widgets to the attribute fields in the
attributes tab of the vector layer's properties.   For instance there's a value
map that will be represented as combobox in attribute dialog.

If you use a custom form as "Edit UI" and have a combobox that is named as the
corresponding attribute, such a value map will also be used to initialize the
combobox.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden