[Qgis-user] qgis2google breaks qgis 1.4.0

Darren Norris doon75 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:48:27 PDT 2010

Hi,
Just wondering if any one has had the same experience and can suggest
any solution before I contact the plugin author....

I installed qgis 1.4.0 via osgeo4w,  os = windows vista.
I had been using the qgis2google plugin with qgis 1.3 and really liked it.
So I downloaded and followed instructions from here:
http://gis-lab.info/qa/qgis2google-eng.html .
Placed a copy of the qgis2googleplugin.dll into
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-unstable\plugins
And when I try to start qgis I simply get a message that qgis has stoped
working and needs to be closed i.e. qgis wont start.
If I remove the  qgis2googleplugin..dll then qgis is back to normal and
starts fine.

Any suggestions welcome.
Many thanks,
Darren