[Qgis-user] ArcSDE

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 11:51:20 PDT 2010

UDig is the only open source Desktop GIS that can do this. I've done this,
and can confirm that it works for viewing/editing (normally $10k of ESRI
software is required to do just this). It just takes some setting up and
getting the correct versions and JARs together.

I've had less luck with OGR ArcSDE, since it has a lack of community support
to properly build and QAQC the libraries (e.g.,
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/42) and only works with ArcSDE 9.1 and
9.2 (not 9.3 or 10.0).

-Mike