[Qgis-user] GeoWebCache in QGIS 1.5...

Nicolas Gignac gignacnic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:19:57 PDT 2010

I have downloaded the new version of QGIS 1.5 Tehtys and I try the new
feature WMS-C reader of tile service, such as Tilecache.
However, I was not able to connected properly to GeoWebCache tile service
such as this one:
http://maps.opengeo.org/geowebcache/service/wms?request=GetCapabilities
1- Does this functionnality is mature enough to read GeoWebCache or any
other tileservice (Tilecache, etc.)? I have a message saying "Http request
failed, does not understand the server response"...
2- Does this functionnality is supposed to be mature enough to view/read
tile image as fast as OpenLayers? My tilecache in QGIS takes way more time
to view the same tileservice in OpenLayers.
3- Any docs available to understand how this feature works?

By the way, it is a very good feature! Congrats to QGIS dev team!

Cheers,

Nicolas