[Qgis-user] Re: Installing QGIS 1.5 on Debian Squeeze

Gary Smith gary.smith.rsa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:35:04 PDT 2010

Niccolo,

A further update.

Immediately after sending the previous mail I realised that the
installed version was not Tethys. It seems that the Lenny & Squeeze
repositories on http://debian.gfoss.it/ are not synchronised.

I cannot select the Lenny repository with a standard sources.list file
as Synaptic gives preference to the version 1.4.0 in the Debian Squeeze
repository.

So I temporarily disabled the Debian repository in the sources.list file
and enabled the gfossit repository as follows:

#deb ftp://ftp.is.co.za/debian testing main contrib non-free
#deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://debian.gfoss.it/ lenny main

I purged the prior qgis installation and reinstalled. Now it is Tethys
again. I still have the crash that I reported yesterday at the same
point of loading but it is now *not a segmentation fault *- see below:

AspireOne:/home/gary# qgis
Warning: Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported
AspireOne:/home/gary#

Regards
Gary