[Qgis-user] Qgis file (*.qgs) > Mapnik (*.xml) > OSM file (*.osm) > PostGIS > GeoServer ?

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 21:42:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

I like to export my Qgis project to Postgis so I can use the qgis map
as base map in GeoServer. I like to create base map similar to Google
Maps. How do this in Qgis? Here is initial ideas how to do this
(below) but I have missing steps how to do this.

Steps.
1. Qgis project (*.qgs) to Mapnik (*.xml) using Quantumnik plugin. I
can easily export Qgis project to Mapnik file (*.xml)

2. Mapnik (*. xml) to OSM file (*.OSM).

How do you export / save mapnik. xml to OSM file format (*.osm)?

Is this possible?

I need more clarification on how to get mapnik data format into OSM data format?

Please note that I need my own map with OSM format so I can dump it to
PosTGIS, not get OSM data and format for base map for the geoserver.

3. OSM to Postgis using osm2pgsql

4. OSM PostGIS and Geoserver
http://blog.geoserver.org/2009/01/30/geoserver-and-openstreetmap/

Is any other way to get qgis.qgs to base map for geoserver?

Thanks.

Regards, Noli