[Qgis-user] Couldn't import 'matplotlib'

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sat Aug 7 09:21:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am getting the following error message when I open qgis.  I am currently running Qgis 1.5 for Mac OS X.

"Couldn't import Python module 'matplotlib' for plotting.  Without it you won't be able to run statist."

I am just clicking Okay and getting on with my work.

statist is present but not checked in the plugins manager.  I was wondering if there were a way to get the matplotlib imported so I would no longer get the message and some day use the plugins that require it.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Kurt Springs