[Qgis-user] export to new projection not working

M.E.Dodd m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 06:26:01 PST 2010

Am I doing something silly here, I have a file open in qgis 1.6 on windows pc then go to vector>data management>export to new projection.  Then choose the projection and filename and press ok but nothing happens.
The vector layer open in qgis comes originally from mapinfo (as .tab), it is in osgb 1936, and I am trying to save as a shapefile in WGS 84 or one of the other CRS's.
I have used this tool once or twice and its worked but normally it does not work.  So far I have not found which types of files it works with and which ones fail.