[Qgis-user] grass plugin instability: please help

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Dec 23 05:41:58 PST 2010

On 23/12/2010 15:11, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 23/12/2010 14:06, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
>> Well, I can open all three vectors from the qgis alaska demo mapset - without
>> any crash.
> Thanks.
> Could someone please try to import a shp?
> Thanks.

I tried a quick test importing some shapefiles with both 1.6
and 1.7 (WinXP OSGeo4W installer). No obvious, consistent
problems. I had one program lockup when clicking "View Output"
in the v.in.ogr toolbox window. I think this was due to a
dirty polygon shp that GRASS couldn't successfully clean. But
after restarting QGIS the GRASS vector displayed properly. In
general I could import into a GRASS mapset 100MB shapefiles
without issues.

The .gislock file that gets left after a crash, preventing use
of the mapset after a restart is indeed an annoyance.

Would you mind to post some shapes that were causing trouble.
Or is it a more widespread problem??
--
Micha

--