[Qgis-user] Standalone-App with QGis-Libraries

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Wed Dec 29 11:27:33 PST 2010

Hello!

I just started to experiment for writing a stand-alone app based on the
QGIS-Libraries and Python, following the example
http://desktopgisbook.com/Creating_a_Standalone_GIS_Application_1 and
the PyQGIS Developer Cookbook

Based on the Starting Kit for a plugin and on the QGIS-Python-Console,
everthing is working as expected, but the example for the Standalone-App
I just get "Failed to load" when I want to load a shapefile (the window
and the dialog open fine), which otherwise as noted above loads just fine...
I get no other error message as the "failed to load"...
(I am using the downloaded version of the Shapeviewer-Demo-App, I have
it attached)

I am on Kubuntu 10.04.1, Lucid Lynx,
QGIS (1.6) and related stuff installed from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu lucid main
PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/qgis/python
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:57:41)

What am I missing?

I tried from the Python-Console from within QGIS (where everthing works)
to print PYTHONPATH, but did only get "None" (with print
os.getenv("PYTHONPATH"))

I am also a Python-Newbie, btw...

Thank you in advance...

Albin