[Qgis-user] export to mapserver

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Feb 8 12:56:00 PST 2010

Hi Orlando,

the url's you see in the alert after the successfull generating of the
mapfiles was intended to be a fast way of just testing the mapfile and
view of it. Normally url's like this should be working,  it's 'standard'
checking stuff of mapserver, see http://mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html
It's always better to check it via a real wms-client like QGIS, an
OpenLayers client or gvsig.

if it is not working, there are some things to check:
1) in the url of your mail of tody I see 'modo' this should be 'mode',
but I think that is just a typo of you
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/mapas/toponimia.map&modo=map&layers=all
should be
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/mapas/toponimia.map&mode=map&layers=all

2) Is http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/mapas/toponimia.map a valid
url on your machine?

3) Is the mapfile /mapas/toponimia.map a valid path to your map?

If both questions are true, what then do you see if you ask for the
capabilities of this server?

You are running linux isn't it?

Another caveat for different findings with different clients is that
there is not a valid mapserverurl in the 'ows_onlineresource' metadata
of the mapfile. Lately most clients look for THAT url to do a getmap
request. But older clients actually use the url (host/path) of the
capabilities url you gave them.

If you still have problems, please let us know (with as much info as
possible: (OS, QGIS-version, mapfile,  projectfile) it's always possible
that you found a bug ...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde