[Qgis-user] google wms

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 10 01:50:33 PST 2010

Hi Marco,
thanks! did not know that ...

for people pointing to Google and there licenses: using opensource tools
it's pretty easy to fire up your own tiling service (eg using TileCache,
see www.tilecache.org) using your  own or 'open data'.
And there is always Openstreetmap (www.openstreetmap.org), which can be
used. For example here in the netherlands this has a very good coverage,
and there are even tiling services available for the openstreetmap data
in our national projection system epsg:28992.

For a nice reference-layer in a map, I think the ability to use those
services would be very very usefull.

So Jurgen if you have something to show ;-)   or need some help, please
let us know.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde