[Qgis-user] postgis layer cannot edit anymore after adding version in PostGIS Manager

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:49:42 PST 2010

Hi,

I used the PostGIS manager for the first time and I have to say
goodbye for now to pgadmin3.  Excellent plugin!

Some troubles I stumbled while testing.

I tried adding an area column and used the the Data Processing to
compute for the area.  Next, I used the versioning table which added
additional columns id_hist, time_start, time_end

Now when I tried editing the postgis layer, I cannot save my edits.
An error report says:

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "197461.982774913"
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "parcel_stat_calc_area" line 3 at assignment

Any idea how to solve this?  Totally a newbie with postgis (liking it so far).

Another question, I saw this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShYUU-e4JM

Showing postgis/geoserver edit versioning with history, rollback, etc.
 Are there plans for a similar QGIS plugin?

--
cheers,
maning