[Qgis-user] [Offtopic]Geoext search

Zoran Jankovic zoran.jankovic at zisis.hr
Sat Feb 13 07:50:09 PST 2010

Hi list,

As the subject says, this is offtopic, but I have sent the same messagge to
Geoext users mailing list, nobody answered, and it's a very low traffic
list... So, if anyone has some experience with Geoext, I would appreciate
all the help I can get. (The data is prepared with QGIS, so it's not totally
OT :-) ).
My setup is very simple one, I have some SHP, loaded into Geoserver as a
layer.
I was looking into Geoext documentation and found this:
http://www.geoext.org/lib/GeoExt/widgets/form/SearchAction.html

What version of Ext, Geoext and Openlayers JS I have to reference to get
this working? I have tried with the setup from geoext tutorial, and with my
own local Ext-2.3.0, Geoext 0.6 and OpenLayers-2.8, to no effect...

The first problem I can see, in Ext-2.3.0 API documentation there is no
more
Ext.form.Panel
but there is
Ext.form.FormPanel object

So, if I use my setup from the basic example (it loads ExtJS 2.3.0, geoext
0.6 and OpenLayers 2.8) I get what is basically a blank page (only what I
add as HTML is rendered), Firefox Error Console gives a bunch of warnings
and 1 error:

Error: Ext.form.Panel is not a constructor
Source File: http://localhost/trazenje/
Line: 22

And if I try changing Ext.form.Panel to Ext.form.Formpanel I get:

Error: ct is null
Source File: http://localhost/ext-2.3.0/ext-all.js
Line: 1140

Needles to say my Javascript knowledge is limited, but I was under the
(probably false ;-) ) impression that I would at least be able to run some
examples :-(.
Where is the error? What should be in <head> to be able to run this example?

---
Zoran Jankovic