[Qgis-user] proj file and QGIS

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:53:09 PST 2010

To all developers! correct me if i am wrong.

It seems to me that sometimes QGIS does not "understand" the proj file
if it comes from ESRI products ..
I have had a simmilar problem with some data here when Otto Dassau
helped me cleaning out the problem ..

But to be honest - I'm completely with you when you say QGIS should at
least set the projection somehow automatically.
IIRC we had such discussions a few month ago .. So probably this is a
topic for the hackfest in Pisa?
Paolo? What do you think about it?

regards
Werner