[Qgis-user] RE: QGIS 1.4 not linking to GDAL?

Kivit, Hubert Hubert.Kivit at PWN.NL
Mon Jan 11 01:42:19 PST 2010

Ken,

Maybe reading my topic on this matter from today might help.

Hubert

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] Namens Ken Norris
Verzonden: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:30 AM
Aan: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Onderwerp: [Qgis-user] QGIS 1.4 not linking to GDAL?

I'm new to this, so apologies if obvious.

My install of QGIS 1.4 cannot recognise the ECW or Mr Sid formats:
unsupported format error; this despite GDAL being able to recognise and
reformat ECW and MrSid from the command line. QGIS does successfully
read the ECW and MrSid files reconfigured by GDAL to Geotiff. I've tried
a reinstall (of QGIS) and a complete uninstall and reinstall(of QGIS),
to no avail.

There seem to be a few other anomalies, like no GPS icon on the toolbar.

Any ideas?