[Qgis-user] Cannot open / convert any KML in QGIS ? (OGR)

Jeremy G-2 jeremy.grx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:36:07 PST 2010

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your answer.
(I'm replying on Nabble because I couldn't see your answer on the list,
don't know what's going on)

I tried to access my KML files from the converter but it highlighted another
bug (!). I can't figure out how to display the files in the directory. I
screenshot the issue with the plugin window on the left and the file
explorer on the right side. When I click on the file type dialog (where the
mouse is on the picture - are you still following ? ;) ), I don't have any
choice of type - just "OGR file datasource"(1) - and cannot see any file
even if I know there are KML files present in the directory (Kml or Shp, the
issue is the same).

I'm running QGIS 1.4 on Ubuntu Karmic.

Any help welcome ! Thanks,
Jeremy