[Qgis-user] [QGIS-LIST] Contour plugin install under OSGEO4W - follow-up

Benoit de Cabissole cabi at mweb.co.za
Wed Jan 20 00:51:41 PST 2010

Lionel, list,

- 1 -
In fact the contour plugin has been made redundant by the inclusion of the
contour option from the Raster menu (gdal utils)!
Sorry for the noise...

- 2 -
Is it a bug (WinXP - QGIS 1.4 - OSGEO4W)?
   Contour menu from Raster menu.
   - select a raster (a tiff file)
   - select the output folder
   - select the contour interval (150 in my case)
   - select the field value: CONT
   - select to display the resulting shapefile in the QGIS canvas
   - click OK

-> all is fine, shapefile is created but it is not loaded.
   Module issues the following error:
ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
C:\PROGRAMS\OSGeo4W\apps\gdal-16\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll 126:
The specified module could not be found. ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL:
C:\PROGRAMS\OSGeo4W\apps\gdal-16\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll 126:
The specified module could not be found.

The dll exists at the requested location! So the error message is
misleading.
Tried to not select display the resulting shapefile in the QGIS canvas, same
result.

Here is what gdal is receiving:
gdal_contour -a CONT -i 150 C:/Interp/Rasters/Geophy/AS_G.tif
C:/Interp/Rasters/Geophy/contours

Can this behaviour be confirmed?

Benoit