[Qgis-user] fill patterns in map printing

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Wed Jan 20 02:13:03 PST 2010

Hi Markus

In the newest svn trunk version, there is an svg fill renderer that scales an
svg pattern to the resolution of the screen / composer. Like this, you could
create a line texture as svg file, e.g. in inkscape (or ask on the list if
someone already has a good one). Then, in the vector prop. dialog, click 'new
symbology', click 'properties' and choose symbol layer type 'SVGFill'.

The brush scaling does not work if you print to pdf (due to a known bug in the
Qt library). But it is supposed to work for direct printing, postscript, svg
or to a pixel graphic format (e.g. jpg, png).

Regards,
Marco