[Qgis-user] Qgis slow start up

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jan 21 13:45:24 PST 2010

Same setup as Greg (my binaries), takes a few minutes to open.

A thought - gdalinfo on the jp2 tiles uses the ECW JP2 driver, which is a plugin on the Mac, but I wonder if the vrt is ignoring plugins and using the builtin jasper driver (slow).

On Jan 21, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Peter Ersts wrote:

> stock GDAL v1.5.4 on Ubuntu 9.10 segfaults on every image in the 18sth directory. As Marco mentioned it will be good to hear from William or Tom regarding which version of GDAL is being used if their load times are slow. I will have to try with a different version of GDAL.
>
> It would also be good to hear if removing the 18sth vrt from the project make any difference.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro