[Qgis-user] Qgis slow start up

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Thu Jan 21 14:23:59 PST 2010

Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hm, on my laptop with ubuntu 9.10 and  current QGIS svn version,
> dcua_qgis140_relative_reduce6_1440x900_17.qgs opens in 3 seconds and
> dcua_qgis140_relative_reduce6_1440x900_19.qgs in 4 seconds.

Using the current svn version (r12814), I was able to open the project
in a few seconds. However, all the raster layers were invisible!
Toggling them off or on did nothing.

When I backed down to yesteday's svn version (r12808), the project took
minutes to open and the raster layers were visible again.

I think we have have a new raster display bug as well as an older raster
speed problem.

Tom