[Qgis-user] gdal raster utilities from the win standalone version?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 04:29:04 PST 2010

I'm trying to clarify if the raster tools can be used from the win
standalone version.
By now I get "The process failed to start. Either the invoked program is
missing, or you may have insufficient permissions to invoke the program."
I've searched for the actual program to be run (gdal_polygonize.bat) and
it's not there. Nevertheles,
the qgis download page states that "All dependencies are supplied in a
standalone installer, including python, gdal (including MrSid Wavelet
compressed raster support and ECW Wavelet compressed raster support) etc."
I assume that the problem is that, despite the notice,  the standalone
version does not
provide the *.bat files for the gdal utilities.  Or am I doing something
wrong?
Could the gdal utilities be added with the osgeo4w installer or  is it
better to just go
for the osgeo4w installer for the entire qgis and forget about the
standalone installer?

Thanks

Agus