[Qgis-user] Serious bug returns to Qgis revision 13878

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 01:26:10 PDT 2010

Hi

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi William
>
> Ah, good to know it is the icon generation that makes loading projects with
> many raster layers slow.
>
> Making a user option to disable layer icons sounds good. However, this would
> involve a string change (option dialog). String freeze for 1.5 is already over
> for a while now. So (unless there is a better solution for the problem without
> string change) something for 1.6...

in my opinion, we could actually remove this feature. I don't find it
particularly useful (a raster scaled down to 16x16 pixels usually
doesn't provide a good overview), it adds additional overhead when the
raster layer is loaded and further complicates the complex raster
code. Another argument could be that vector layer also don't have an
icon containing the preview.

I'm just afraid of creating too many configurable options that barely
anyone will understand their purpose.

Regards
Martin