[Qgis-user] Postgis speed with QGIS

John Abraham jabraham at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jun 9 15:55:39 PDT 2010

Loading and manipulating a PostGIS layer in QGIS is quite slow right now.  I have GIST indexes.  I'm running both QGIS and PostGIS on the same machine.  I'm currently blaming PostgreSQL and am currently exploring configuration and hardware options to make my PostgreSQL installation faster.

Any suggestions on PostgreSQL configuration?  Anything else I should try?

What are others' experiences?  Is there any hope for making my PostGIS layers as fast as my shape file layers?

--
John Abraham
jabraham at ucalgary.ca