[Qgis-user] GRASS Plugin - Raster Layer

Erica Donnelly-Swift donneler at tcd.ie
Mon Mar 1 07:13:00 PST 2010

Hi

I am trying to learn how to use Q-gis and I am having difficulty with
the "Add Raster Layer" in the GRASS plugin
If anyone could please give any suggestions, it would greatly
appreciated, thanks

I'm working on a Mac OSX (Leopard -Mac OSX 10.5.8) with the sample
Alaska data set

I have installed:
Qgis 1.4.0-2  (from the website: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis)
GRASS.app.6.4 RC5-3 (Leopard)  (from the website: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/grass)

The frame works I have installed are:

FreeType Framework v2.3.11-1
Cairo framework v1.8.8-2
GDAL1.6 complete
UnixImageIO framework v1.1.0a
Proj fameworkv4.7.0-1
GEOS framework v3.2.1-1
SQLite3 framework v3.6.22-1

The "Add GRASS Vector Layer" works fine for the Alaska data, but the
"Add GRASS Raster Layer" it is giving problems.

The raster layer I'm trying to upload is 'gtopo30'

I receive the following error:

"/Users/erica/Desktop/grassdata/alaska/demo/cellhd/gtopo30
is not a valid or recognized raster data source"