[Qgis-user] Problem with GRASS plugin on MacOsX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 1 10:14:28 PST 2010

If GRASS vectors work, then I'd say yes ;)

Possibly the cairo framework is the problem - v1.8.8-2 uses UnixImageIO 1.2, but GRASS uses 1.1 (installing UIIO 1.2 probably won't help).  I haven't rebuilt GRASS to use all the new versions yet (I thought rc6 was imminent, yet again, and I'm holding on rebuilding).  If you're not using MapServer, then cairo only affects GRASS and you should install v1.8.8-1 from my download archives.  Sorry for the mess.

On Mar 1, 2010, at 10:56 AM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Hi Erica,
>
> Did you also install the gdal-grass plugin? You will find that on William's disk image for the GRASS application.
>
> Cheers,
> John
>
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 8:35 AM, Erica Donnelly-Swift wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm working on a Mac OSX (Leopard -Mac OSX 10.5.8) with the sample Alaska data set and I am having difficulty with the "Add Raster Layer" in the GRASS plugin
>> If anyone could please give any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
>>
>> The raster layer I'm trying to upload is 'gtopo30'
>>
>> I receive the following error:
>>
>> "/Users/erica/Desktop/grassdata/alaska/demo/cellhd/gtopo30
>> is not a valid or recognized raster data source"
>>

>> I have installed:
>> Qgis 1.4.0-2  (from the website: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis)
>> GRASS.app.6.4 RC5-3 (Leopard)  (from the website: http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/grass)
>>
>> The frame works I have installed are:
>>
>> FreeType Framework v2.3.11-1
>> Cairo framework v1.8.8-2
>> GDAL1.6 complete
>> UnixImageIO framework v1.1.0a
>> Proj fameworkv4.7.0-1
>> GEOS framework v3.2.1-1
>> SQLite3 framework v3.6.22-1
>>
>> The "Add GRASS Vector Layer" works fine for the Alaska data, but the
>> "Add GRASS Raster Layer" it is giving problems.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan