[Qgis-user] Custom Symbology and Inkscape

Giovanni Pasini jynxtor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:24:47 PST 2010

Il giorno Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:18:51 +1100
Roland Hill <Roland.Hill at FourWindsTechnology.com.au> ha scritto:

> List,
> I think this is a QT issue rather than QGIS, but I thought I would
> share it to save others the hours it takes to figure it out
> (especially if you are trying new-symbology for the first time).
>
> There appears to be a problem using svg symbols created with Inkscape
> 0.47, whereas the same symbols created with Inkscape 0.46 work just
> fine. This is only for objects that have been converted to paths. The
> 0.47 symbols fail to render in QGIS, but also fail to render in the
> Dolphin preview pane (whereas 0.46 symbols do render in both).

See also http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=62961

[...]	all Plasma svg rendering is dependent on Qt, and it likely
	could be an issue with QSvgRenderer

> If anyone else can confirm this, or knows of a solution, it would be
> much appreciated. I am using Kubuntu 9.10 and QGIS trunk.

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=62961
[...]
	Just in case anyone else happens to come across this issue with
	Inkscape 0.47, I've managed to solve the problem by enabling
	"Force Repeat Commands" under Inkscape Preferences > SVG Output.

> Regards,
>
> Roland

Giovanni