[Qgis-user] Problem with GRASS plugin on MacOsX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Mar 2 06:38:27 PST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 4:15 AM, Erica Donnelly-Swift wrote:

> I have only recently started to work on a Mac so I'm not totally familiar with the terminal commands.....
>
> I have stored the GDAL framework in a folder called "Frameworks"  -  /Users/erica/FrameWorks
>
> I'm unsure of the method to specify GDAL framework in my shell PATH...... any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I'm not sure how/why you did that.  When you run the GDAL and other framework installers they are put in /Library/Frameworks, and they should remain there. Qgis won't run at all, let alone the GRASS plugin, if they are not there.  Maybe you mean you have the installers in your home folder, then you can ignore those.

> GRASS rasters were accessed via GDAL (in QGIS < 1.5) but vectors are
> read directly  using GRASS libs.

Radim has a good point.  Maybe you have *not* installed the GRASS GDAL plugin.  Forget the gdalinfo thing for now, and find the installer for this on the GRASS disk image.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin