[Qgis-user] QGIS WEB Presence Capability

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 06:39:00 PST 2010

Well said Brent.

In the OpenSource Geospatial world, individual projects tend to
specialize on one part of the 'stack' (desktop, maping server,
database, etc.)  Because many of these projects base their products on
open standards, they tend to work quite well together.

In some cases, there are people who are active in multiple OSGEO
projects.  This gives good cross-pollination and helps ensure that
products work well together.

It is a good thing that QGIS is only focusing on the desktop.  There
are some other very good projects focusing on the Web map, Web
services part of the stack.

David.