[Qgis-user] Problem with plugins for qgis 1.4.0.1 (Windows standalone installer)

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:16:59 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 20:44 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Thanks Giovanni, this could be the problem, look at the error Displayed by QGIS
> upon restart if the plugin is actually installed.
> I think that, in this case, the solution should be modifying the place of
> the .qgis/python/plugind directory, is this possible?

I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

> Modifying the name of the directory "'C:/Documents and Settings/Mauro Rodríguez
> Rey" would entail many other problems for the user.

you don't need to rename that directory or the actual windows
username... just create a new user with username without accents, then
use qgis after logging in with this new user. I know it is not very
straightforward but is the only workaround I know.

-- Giovanni --