[Qgis-user] Fetch plugins crashing

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 11 23:59:07 PST 2010

Hi Joe,

some things you could try:

- rename the .qgis-folder in your home, and start qgis (which will then
make a new one. You can then see if this still happens without all the
plugins (which qgis can't see now because they are in the renamed folder)

- if still crashing. Try removing the 'plugin_installer' plugin temporarily

- if still crashing: try starting qgis with 'strace' (if not installed,
install first).  If you start qgis from commandline then:
	strace qgis
you will have a long (!) list of messages from which the last part maybe
shows you what went wrong...

how did you install qgis anyway: from respository or building your own?
(I'm running my from trunk compiled qgis on ubuntu 9.10 without
problems)... what version of python do you have?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde