[Qgis-user] Qgis-user

Stefan Kiefer st_kiefer at web.de
Tue Mar 16 04:47:58 PDT 2010

what exactly do you want to do?
As i understand you want to extract parts of a raster.
First of all raster and vector are incompatible types!
I would suppose two possible strategies:
1) you convert the polygons to a binary raster (0,1) and multiplicate
both.
2) you export rasters of the extent from the boundingboxes of the
polygons

The first you could do with the RasterCalc plugin, conversion can be
done with grass

the latter you would best do in Grass by setting the region to the
bounding box and exporting the raster

hope that helps

cheers

Stefan