[Qgis-user] Re: Edit UI (John C. Tull)

Doug Lane dougtape at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 13:16:00 PDT 2010

I would like to second this sentiment.   As someone who has learned the ARC way with geodatabases and is looking more at the open source world (and trying to get more people into it also!!)  this would be a tremendous benefit.
I have looked at the desktop GIS book, and am still overwhelmed learning 2 new large pieces of software at once.  QGIS is fairly easy to pick up, but the whole POSTGRE/ POSTGIS part is intimidating...

I know that people are busy working on the QGIS project, but if someone were to take the time and make a beginner's guide to the most common/useful commands and how to setup/integrate into QGIS, I feel it would be EXTREMELY beneficial to both projects....   and most of all give you the competitive leg up on other OS GIS products and a larger chunk of users away from the larger way more expensive program that most people use.

Just a humble thought to help some of us straddling the fence of trying to learn FOSS software instead of being intimidated and giving up....

doug

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me