[Qgis-user] How to smooth a TIN ?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 24 12:28:21 PDT 2010

I agree - I once did a shaded relief of the Kilimanjaro with v.surf.rst
for calculating a DEM from contour lines and elevation points.

The results where much better than with TIN or ESRIs topogrid module. It
was only a bit tricky because of the longer computing times and memory
management.

If you want really good results I recommend looking into v.surf.rst.

Andreas