[Qgis-user] Annotation Plugin for QGIS?

Bruce, Bob (CON) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Mon May 3 12:09:37 PDT 2010

I am looking for a way to annotate a map using attributes from a vector
layer. I would like to create the annotation as a new SHAPE point layer
that I can edit. At the moment I only need to annotate polygon features.

Is someone aware of a feature or a plugin from QGIS that will do this?

Thanks,
		Bob Bruce

****
**  Bob Bruce, FEC, P.Eng.         Geomatics Support Engineer
**  Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca            Manitoba Geomatics/Remote Sensing
Branch,
**  work # (204) 945-6636          1007 Century Street,
**  FAX  # (204) 945-1365          Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3H 0W4
**
**    The Manitoba Centre for:
**        Cadastral & Topographical Mapping, and Remote Sensing
**        See us on the Web at:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/
**  and:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/cada_mapping/index.html
**             Check out our digital maps at:
http://mlidata.gov.mb.ca/WPMLI
**                 and: https://mli2.gov.mb.ca/