[Qgis-user] qgis 1.5 & lenny

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Mon May 10 13:58:38 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 09:11:45PM +0200, tlange at gwdg.de wrote:

> I just tried to install the Qgis64 packages from http://debian.gfoss.it/
> on my Debian Lenny. By the way Qgis download page says it's version 1.4,
> but gfoss.it already hosts 1.5.

On Gfoss.it you find a Qgis compiled from SVN source code (will
be version 1.5) not the stable one (1.4).

Notes about gfoss.it are a bit outdated here:
http://qgis.org/en/download/current-software.html

> However, Synaptic package manager insists to remove my Debian Postgis
> 1.3.3-3 (packaged for PostgreSQL 8.3.9).

This should not happen, at least this should not be caused by the
Gfoss.it repository. What is the conflict with PostGIS 1.3.3-3?

> Q2: If I would create a Postgis template database, could I let it be removed
>     by Synaptic without breaking my GIS-database?

If you remove the postgis package, you loose just two binaries:
pgsql2shp and shp2pgsql. The spatial database needs the
postgresql-8.3-postgis package actually.

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy