[Qgis-user] qgis 1.5 & lenny

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Mon May 10 22:39:44 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:02:29AM +0200, tlange at gwdg.de wrote:

> Hmm, not sure. The only conflict I saw was package postgresql-8.3-postgis
> depends on libgeos-c1(>=3.0.0) and qgis depends on libgeos-c1(>=3.2.0).
> I upgraded libgeos-c1 from 3.0.0 to 3.2.0 but Synaptic still wants to
> remove Postgis.

It is very strange, because postgis has very few dependency
requests, not involving geos or other packages available on
gfoss.it: http://packages.debian.org/lenny/postgis

So I suspect that synaptic is somewhat confused. I use dselect or
aptitude which are more hard to use than synaptic, but they are
more powerful on managing conflicts.

You can try to remove postgis an reinstall it afterwards. The
postgis package does not affect your existing geo-databases.

Removing postgresql-8.3-postgis instead, will leave yuor
geo-database unusable (may be not corrupted, but I don't assure
that).

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy