[Qgis-user] Creating polygon from points in csv file

nikos ves vesnikos at gmail.com
Wed May 12 11:02:54 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 13:51 -0400, M S wrote:
> I guess the practically of this suggestion depends on how many points.
>  How about digitizing and snapping the new polygon to the points?
>
> Mark

This would also work, but the why bother, since already has the points
in a csv file?

One problem I see, is multiple polygones merged in One big messy
polygone due to hte fact that it cant "understand" where a polygon ends
and the next one starts. If that case arise  a little editing comes
handy.

The whole point as I see it is to minimize doing double work

Ofcouse if the plugin is inadequate for the job, the next option is to
shape the polygons from, as Mark said, the points mir already has
utilizing the snap feature