[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] venue for the next hackfest

Milena Nowotarska do.milenki at gmail.com
Mon May 31 01:43:33 PDT 2010

Hi Otto et al.,

2010/5/31 Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de>:
> Dear Milena,
>
> Wroclaw sounds very nice - thanks a lot for your offer! If nobody votes
> against it, we could make that fix - I think?
>
> The only problem I see at the moment is the date. Begining of July or even
> August (school vacations) is too close I think, because we need to
> organize funding, holiday, flights etc. Then comes the FOSS4G, 6.-9.
> September in Barcelona and most people are probably broke after that for a
> while :). So I guess end october / beginning november as in Vienna is most
> likely.

Yes, we are aware the date we proposed is close, and not our usual
hackfest time. We were trying to put it as far in time from Barcelona
as possible, also when the venue (and the nice grill place there) is
accessible.

@Paweł: What other dates can we propose? (maybe 12-15 Nov, as 11th is
free in PL?)

Best,