[Qgis-user] How to make a raster or grid from a shapefile

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Mon Nov 1 06:28:43 PDT 2010

Dnia poniedziałek 01 listopada 2010 o 12:23:30 Manuel Spínola napisał(a):
> Thank you very much Borys.
>
> Is there any example in a tutorial on the use of Rasterize?

Unfortunately I don't know any and believe there's nothing like that, as
there's no simple way to do it. You can follow this way:

1. Use "Interpolation" plugin to create a raster file based on your vector (I
suppose the values will be interpolated among polygon centroids)

2. Use RasterCalc to remove values from it. You can e.g. multiply it by 0:
[your_raster]@1 * 0

3. Now use your empty raster in the Raster->Rasterize