[Qgis-user] Layer Actions Types

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Nov 7 08:54:48 PST 2010

Hi Andrea,

On Sun, 07. Nov 2010 at 08:40:06 -0800, iomeneandrei wrote:
> I do not find a definition of the five types of Actions: Generic, Python,
> Mac, Windows and Unix.
> Is there a document or a webpage where I can read it?

Not sure.  Looks like neither manual nor online help contain that information:

- Generic, Mac, Windows and Unix actions start an external process,
- Python actions execute a python expression,
- Generic and Python actions are visible everywhere,
- Mac, Windows and Unix actions are visible only on the respective platform
  (ie. you can define three 'Edit' actions to open an editor and the users can
  only see and execute the one 'Edit' action for their platform to run the
  editor).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden