[Qgis-user] image vectorization

Brad Nesom gisbradokla at live.com
Mon Nov 15 08:04:45 PST 2010

"and then go for vectorization."  I have attempted the gdal polygonize (I
really want lines) and the contour with no good results. Is r.thin the
correct (or even an acceptable) direction to go for vectorization? If using
classification in qgis what is created? another image to use for
vectorization? If not then wouldn't the vectorization need to be done
directly in qgis?
Thanks